The manipulations performed by the massage therapist have a powerful therapeutic effect on all organs and systems, including the cardiovascular and nervous, so general massage is contraindicated in the following diseases:
- varicose veins and thrombosis;
- blood diseases;
- chronic pathologies of the heart, liver and kidneys in the acute phase.
It is unlikely that someone will go for a massage therapist in West Chester, OH, having infectious skin diseases, and skin lesions. Masters warn of low blood pressure and diabetes. For pregnant women and women during critical days, massage can also be harmful to health, so you need to be patient and wait out the symptoms of female whims.
People with serious neurological diseases and pathologies of the musculoskeletal system already know perfectly well what a general body massage is, because it is vital for them. However, everyone who ignores professional examinations and medical examinations remains at risk. It will not hurt to take the course in the following cases:
- decreased immunity;
- frequent headaches;
- pressure drops;
- sleep disorders;
- nervousness, increased excitability;
- weakness, fatigue;
- back pain, muscle and joint pain;
- swelling and heaviness in the legs;
- diagnosed diseases of the respiratory tract, cardiovascular system, genitourinary sphere.
In any case, you need to tell the massage therapist about your condition. Then the specialist will carry out a number of necessary manipulations with caution, and pay special attention to problem areas.
The technique of healing effects on the patient’s body is a series of sequential manipulations, including the following techniques:
- planar, embracing, intermittent and continuous stroking;
- rubbing with the pads and phalanges of the fingers;
- kneading with a deep grip on the massaged area of the skin;
- oscillatory effects: tapping with the fingertips, “chopping” with the edge of the palm, vibration clapping.
The general body massage always begins with warming up the skin with strokes of varying intensity in the direction of the massage lines. Then the master proceeds to rubbing, which affects the muscle tissues, preparing them for a deeper study.
Kneading techniques are aimed at restoring muscle tone and carefully working out each muscle group, therefore they form the basis of a general body massage. Shock and vibration actions, despite the frightening name, do not cause pain. The final stage is also carried out rhythmic smooth stroking.